Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Wedding Is Off!

Max has had a girlfriend for the last year or so. It is a girl from our ward and they really got to know each other last year in Kindergarten. According to Jessie, they will be married when they grow up. Well, apparently their plans took a turn for the worst earlier this week. It happened on the playground. Jessie was pretending to be captured by a bad guy and Max was suppose to come to her rescue. Max may have gotten carried away and tackled the bad guy. He got in trouble and had to stand by the wall for 5 minutes. He was very upset with Jessie for telling him to do this. He informed her that she had crossed the line and it was over. I have no idea where he had gotten this from. And I couldn't help but laugh. He was serious. I asked him if he was sure about this and if this incident was worth breaking up with her over. He said yes, but if she would apologize he might consider getting back together with her.
The next day he came home and I asked him about his day. He said fine and that Jessie and him were OK now. I asked if she apologized and you won't believe what he said. "Well, actually I said I was sorry to her." I don't don't know the whole conversation but all I can think of is he has learned early. The man should always say sorry even if he isn't in the wrong. My little boy is growing up.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That is hilarious! He is headed for a path of greatness!!

By the way, how did your birthday go?

Sarah Rowley said...

I have been telling everyone this story! Max is so funny and way to smart for his own good!

Lea Ann said...

My birthday isn't til Wednesday, but I think it is shaping up to be nice. Walt has planned something for Friday night but I don't know what it is yet. And Wed. a bunch of friends and family are going to lunch.