Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our 9th Anniversary



Today Walt and I have been married for 9 years. Not a huge milestone but after 3 kids, work, and 4 years of a master's program, we are grateful that we are still together and still feel the love. Walt had surprised me by getting the day off to spend together. Between his work and mine we deserved a day together. So I was really looking forward to today. But you couldn't tell by the fact that my brain is fried.

I first of all told Sarah that I was coming down today to visit with her since I try to go down there once a week and help out and keep her company. I then told my visiting teachers that they could come this morning for a visit and to top it all off, I said OK to bringing a lady dinner tonight since she just got out of the hospital.

So last night as Walt and I discuss what we are going to do, it hits me that I agreed to do the first 2 things. Sarah called that night to talk about something else and was SO understanding of my mistake, she was laughing at my forgetfulness. It also turned out that visiting teachers had to cancel due to sick kids. So my mistake wasn't so bad.

Walt's Mom came over and watched the kids while we went to lunch and saw the new Star Trek film. Enjoyed that immensely. I then bought a new pair of dress shoes since my feet seem to be shrinking and needed something to wear for church. We then decided to go and get the kids and take them swimming since they were home from school. So as we start to drive to the in-laws at 4pm it hits me that I am still suppose to take dinner to the women in my ward. What to do? I turn to my dear and wonderful friend Shanell who is luckily making a casserole and is able to take a plate to this lady. I should be shot!!! I use to pride myself with my memory and reliability. They are a thing of the past.

Other than that, it has been a great 9 years and I am grateful for a wonderful husband who loves me in spite of my shortcomings. He works so hard to provide for his family, I am truly blessed. I am looking forward for whatever the future holds because I know that with him by my side things will be OK and we will be happy. I am thankful for my 3 boys and hope that they will still love me when this whole thing called childhood is over.

This is the picture we used for our announcements


Nine years later. Thinking what have we done?

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Cute post! Happy 9 years! You guys look exactly the same!

Danielle said...

Congrats on the milestone! It is a big deal!! LOVE the engagement photo...such a hottie you are!

Birgitta said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your engagement picture. Very cute and handsome!

Our 13th anniversary is this Sunday. I will have to also post a little something!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

yeah congrats!!

Shanell said...

Why am I crying at your anniversary post? Maybe because you made me take dinner to Debbie! Happy Anniversary!