Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HAPPY 6TH, IAN!!!

So, Ian turnded 6 yesterday and since I haven't blogged in a long time I thought this was a good reason to to do one.


Ian was born in the afternoon and was the easiest delivery. I guess that might because he was my smallest baby and was a month early. That also contributed to the fact that his lungs were not quite developed and had to spend a week in the NICU. But he hasn't had any lasting effects from that. He is my only brown eyed child and has the best laugh in the entire world. That is definitely on the top of my lists of the best sounds. He also has the longest eye lashes. He will be in the 1st grade this coming fall and loves school. He is also my most difficult child in he has a language deficiency. Because of his constant ear infections he spent the first 4 years of his life not hearing very well. When he finally go tubes put in, his speech improved drastically but learned selective hearing. We spend a lot of time repeating ourselves and trying to get him to focus. I am sure a lot of it has to do with just being a child but not all of it.


He learned how to swim this summer and I hope to get him riding his bike without training wheels soon. I think his real problem is that his bike is too small. Here are some pictures of my beautiful boy.





2 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, Ian! Make his training wheels really crooked and unhelpful. That helped us! :)

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah happy birthday Ian!! You were so tiny!!!