Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Handyman!




A few years ago I was looking for a dresser for the kids and Walt's Grandparents found this one at a garage sale for me. It was painted white and had old (antique) handles. I have always enjoyed it until it became too small for the kids. And the drawers don't slide very well. I decided to get rid of it when I got new bedroom furniture, but my husband said it looked to be made of real wood (not particle board like everything else in our house). He wanted to refinish it. And what do you know, it is made of cherry wood. Some idiot painted over, can you believe it? It is beautiful. So anyway, this is the finish product and now we have more furniture in our livingroom. Walt also refinished a end table that he made in high school but never stained. He is almost done with that, then we will have a matching piece for this dresser.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

cool, lucky you!

Meredith said...

That is beautiful. Lucky!

Shanell said...

OMG! That turned out sooo good! Why haven't I seen it in person??? Oh right, It's been absolutely CRAZY here! Can't wait to see it! Good job, WALTER!

Danielle said...

It turned out beautifully! Handy men are so handy!

CM Stephensen said...

That's way cool. What a beautiful piece. It's hard to believe anyone would paint oever that!