Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

I took the "What kind of Mother are You" quiz on Facebook, and suprisingly it said I was a Suzie Homemaker. So I thought with Easter coming I would try to do some of the things "Suzie" might do with her kids. Saturday I bought stuff to decorate eggs with the boys. Of course, I had Walt take a picture because I didn't know if I would do it again. It wasn't that bad or that messy.




I went out and bought a few things for an Easter basket, which I have never done before and new ties for church. I also wanted to make sure that they really understood what Easter was about. Luckily our church isn't til 1 pm so we were able to watch a little movie on the Resurrection and explain that the bunnies, eggs and candy should not be the focus. I thought they had really understood this until the ride home from church. It suddenly hit Max and Ian that the Easter Bunny didn't bring them a basket full of toys and candy. I reminded them that they did get a basket this morning. Of course they said that the basket was from me and not the Bunny. So unlike a "Suzie" I said that there was no Bunny and to be grateful for what they did get or I won't do it again.

Overall it was a really nice day. We did have an egg hunt and spent time with Walt's family. Enjoy the pictures.







The boys opening their Easter baskets.

Hunting for eggs at Aunt Stephanie's house.



>



7 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Way to go on the Easter stuff. Cute picture with your boys too!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I can see the headlines now "SUZIE SAY'S THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY"

Danielle said...

Way to go, Suzie! I thought we were going to get away with no Easter Bunny this year. Chase didn't question the Easter Bunny thing with our little egg hunt. He knew that was me. But on Sunday, I put some of the same things in his basket that were in the eggs and it brought questions. EVERY ONE of our friends have their kids believing in the Easter Bunny, the Lepracaun, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus. I can just see the headlines after I am led to the firing squad after Chase divulges the horrible "truth" to all of his friends, Fuddyduddy Friend's Life Cut Short After Fuddyduddy Son Ruins All Holiday Fun".

Staci said...

Very Suzie of you!!! :) Dyeing eggs & all!

Love your new header picture-you look so skinny!!!

That Guy You Married said...

Hey how come Walt isn't in any of the pictures?

Sarah Rowley said...

I guess if there were a real Easter Bunny, your poor children would have had brightly colored baskets to hunt eggs with and not Walmart shopping bags.

Love the new pic and your new dress! You are beautiful!

Shanell said...

You are suzie homemaker! I love Van's face in the picture on the table, it looks exactly like the ones Eliza makes. Way to document! You've done a good job with your little blog. Love the blue background.