Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Busy Weekend!

There has been quite a few things going on this weekend. Some significant and others not but it is fun to share all of them. It all began on Wednesday and is now ending Sunday night. The first thing that happened was I was released from my church calling as a teacher and asked to serve as a den mother in the cub scouts. This isn't too bad. I just have to get over my childhood hangups about this calling. I found out that I will be working with the 10 - 11 year olds so that will be fun.

Thursday I spent the day getting ready for the camping trip we would be going on. I wanted to clean my house before we left so I needed a new vacuum. Ours had finally died after about 9 years of use. Since we don't have much carpet we were debating whether to spend a lot on a good one or go cheap. I decided to go cheap and spent $60dollars and I love it. As others of you may know, having a vacuum that doesn't have a powerful suck, really sucks. This one was awesome. I hadn't vacuumed in a week but this is what the container looked like when I was done.







I know that it is weird to take a picture of this but I got a lot of satisfaction knowing my rugs and bedrooms were really clean. So that was exciting. I also needed to pack for camping. I thought we were prepared but I didn't account for the weather being so cold. We could have used a few more blankets. I also realized that we haven't gone camping with all 5 of us yet and no longer fit in our tent. We made some improvises having the boys sleep in the car. Here are a couple of pictures, but if you are interested in more details of the trip you can look at my sister's blog for more info. (Sarah Rowley) We are planning on going camping over Memorial Weekend, so we have a lot of things to get for that trip.







We needed to get back on Saturday afternoon for family festivities in honor of Walt's Grandpa's 90th birthday. Lots of family came down to celebrate this great milestone. We had a bar b que dinner that night and got to visit with Walt's cousins that I have never met and some that I don't see that often. It was fun. I think out of the 14 great grandchildren that they have 13 are boys. I am not sure on the number but I know there is only one girl so far. But there are 3 more on the way and 2 are girls, the other is unknown yet.

Sunday at 7pm was the real party with friends and family. There was great food and entertainment. The boys had a blast playing with all the other boy cousins and made some new friends.


Grandpa Max worked on submarines in CA for many many years starting in the 1940's. Aunt Susan made this cake for him. That is a seal in the lower left had corner.







They had all the great grand sons get up and sing Popcorn Popping. They enjoyed taking turns yelling the song in the microphone.





I had to get a picture of Max with his namesake. They are both alike. They are pests. Often when they come to visit I will have to tell Max to calm down. Grandpa will ask which Max, and I say both of you. He always gets the kids worked up.




These are pictures of Walt's cousins Paul and Katie. Paul is a huge hit with the kids. He is so good with them. As you can see they wouldn't leave him alone. He once looked at me after a couple of hours of this with pleading eyes for help. I just smiled and told him he brought it on himself. He nodded and said I guess you are right. This picture of Katie is what happened to her as she tried to be a good sister and take some of the heat off of Paul. Better them then me.

It was a fun weekend but exhausting. And now I am gearing up for this week being Spring Break. I have a couple of days planned but I just hope that I will survive. The weather is going to be really nice. Maybe it is time to get the suits out and the slip n slide.



2 comments:

CM Stephensen said...

Wow... I'm really sad we both had to miss Grandpa's party!

I think that your vaccuum is excellent! That's a lot of stuff!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

yikes that was an eventful weekend!! how fun though!!!