Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The 4 Bald Men in My Life Whom I Love

This past weekend we took the boys to an air show at Luke Air Force Base here is Phoenix. This was mine and Walt's 2nd date and we try to go every time they have one. And it is something that the boys enjoy. But this year was a pretty bad experience. I don't know if you can blame in on the economy but it seemed like everyone that lived in the valley was there since it is a free event. It took us 2 hours of standing in line to even get in the gate. Now of all the events out there an air show shouldn't be that bad standing in line because you can still see the airplanes flying, but there wasn't that many. Plus it was 90 degrees. We had plenty of water and sunscreen and the boys did surprisingly well. I was just glad that they shortened the show from all day to half a day so we were out of there by 4pm. In my true fashion I forgot my camera so pictures will have to come later when I get them from Walt's brother Sam.

Everyone was so filthy and hot when we got home, Walt decided it was time for the summer haircuts. So out comes the clippers. I do think they are cute. Max's hair is so funky anyway that this is easier. I never know how to comb his hair without it sticking up in the back. Walt gave Ian more of a flat top but since the other 2 didn't have one, Ian wanting his shaved too. It also seems that Van didn't get a guard on his because it is sooooo short. His head is like velcro trying to get a shirt on. And with him being sick, I have started calling him Chemo. It is cute but also sad. And then we have Walt, who just doesn't have hair on top anymore.


Oh, and by the way, they love to have their heads rubbed. Max even washes his hair twice in the shower so it is nice and soft, so he tells me.