Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm a Material Girl!

I never thought that material possessions would make me happy, but I was wrong. I can't express the joy that I have every time I see or sit on my new couch. I am not embarrassed to have people come over and sit on my couch. My last one was so worn out that I couldn't wash the cushions anymore and it was disgusting. I suspected that it was the cause of a cold that wouldn't leave our house for some time. We don't allow the kids to eat on it but with Van it is hard to prevent that. But no problem I can just wipe up any mess he makes. Please forgive the messy kitchen, I am going to clean that up right after I am done posting this. Or maybe I will get Walt to do it.



As for the table, this was more of an impulse buy but there is extreme joy in seeing and eating at that as well. My parents bought Walt and I a small table that seats 4 when we got married. That was almost 9 years ago and 3 children. We haven't been able to eat as a family at the table for some time and the chairs are broken. The only drawback to this table is the cushions are white. So I won't let anyone take the plastic off yet till I decide what to do. I have wanted a new table for a long time as well and my dreams came true this Valentine's Day. Now I just need my husband home for dinner time and we can sit as a family. Also, old habits are hard to break. I still find myself sitting in front of the TV eating while the kids are at the table. Shame on me!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

new furniture is awesome. It makes your house look so great!

Kristi said...

That was Kathy said

Lea Ann said...

I want an invite to Kristi and Jill's blog. If you can spread the word. Thanks

Erin said...

Talk to Hillary about covering your cushions. I am pretty sure she knows how to do it. I already saw them in "real life" but they look great.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah i am so excited for you!! I love the new couch and table! aren't new couches the best. I think it's one of my favorite material things. I love sitting on new couches! I can even get obsessed about cleaning mine.