Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Being a Special Someone!

Both Max and Ian had big weeks last week. Max lost his first top front tooth.


This is his third tooth lost but I think this one deserved to make the blog. He never really mentioned that it was loose until it was about to come out. Then I was thinking great, he is going to have one big tooth all alone in his mouth because who knows when the next one is going to be loose. But he informed me a couple of days ago that the other one is loose too. Thank goodness. That is such an awkward time anyway and I didn't want it to be worse.

As for Ian, he is a special boy and it is nice to be acknowledged. In his Kindergarten class, his teacher has set aside one week for each student to share their specialness. Last week was Ian's turn. They get to bring in pictures of their family and anything else they like. Then each classmate and teacher writes and draws a picture in a book why they like Ian. It is really cute. I was also planning on bringing a treat into class of Friday but Ian was sick. I love Ian's teacher. Max had her last year as well and you can tell she loves the kids so much. I wish Van was old enough to be in her class. I just hope she is around in 3 years.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ah, the joys of childhood! Doesn't having the right teacher make all of the difference?

Shanell said...

Ian is a special boy. I'm glad he could share his specialness. I just had to use that word!

Max is so cute with his missing tooth. Is that the one that came out in the middle of the night?